Mazda 626 1998-02
Mazda 626 1998-2002 onboard key programming procedure
This procedure is for programming new keys to the car when all keys are missing or there is only one working key present.
- Improtent: Must use factory key with the right FCC ID.
- Must have the key cut properly so it can turn the ignition switch before starting
- Dealer key# for Mazda 626 1998-99 GE4T-76-2GX
- Mazda 626 2000-02 BJYV-76-2GX
- Read the serial number off of the imobilizer box located behind or on the sides of the steering column. The serial number then needs to be converted to a 8 digit number this can be done by the Mazda Dealer or using a diagnostic tool such as a MVP or Tcode (Most automotive locksmiths have one or the other.)
- Insert key into ignition and turn ignition to ON prosition and then back to OFF/LOCK position 5 times. Donâ€™t wait more than one second between the ON OFF cycles and do not turn the key to fast otherwise key may not register.
- Turn key to ON position and watch the flashing security light on the dashboard. Light should flash rapidly.
- Within 20 seconds turn key back to the OFF/LOCK position and keep off for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the security light should start flashing much slower
- Now that the security light is flashing slowly (about 1.2 second between flashes) you will need to start entering the Password/Pincode within 20 seconds
- Lets say your Pincode# is 33445566 the first digit is a 3. Watch the security light closely, while the light is off and turn ignition to the ON position once and watch that the light flashes 3 times, turn ignition back to the OFF/LOCK position and let the seci